Thursday, November 1, 2012

IUD Apparently Needed A Nap

Ahoy-hoy friends!

So, I survived! I'm sorry that it's taken me over a week to actually post anything but last week was, as you can imagine, a little crazy. Somehow we managed to still celebrate my birthday and get me both into and out of the hospital in one piece. :)

My friends and husband are incredible; I truly couldn't ask for a more supportive, loving group of people in my life. Especially with Husband out of town, my friends have been very sweet and have looked after me better than I deserve. Thank y'all so much. I am so lucky to know you.

As you probably remember from my last post, my lady-parts have been a giant pain in the cervix for the past few weeks. Well, when I went in for surgery on Friday we were finally able to ascertain what had happened. My IUD, which we knew had slipped low, had actually managed to lie down on my cervix and then proceeded to nestle in and embed there. I guess it needed to have a nap?

Anyway, with the aid of a little camera my doctor was able to get a grip on the thing and pull it out. I woke up in a lot of pain, though I'm grateful to be able to say that the pain has been completely manageable this week...as long as I don't move around too much. Those of you who know me know that the whole not moving around/taking things easy isn't really in my MO, but I am trying to take care of myself. Husband being gone has actually made taking it easy a little bit easier because I am deeply aware that if I push too hard and hurt myself I am on my own to deal with it unless I want to bother one of my friends. They have already been so sweet and supportive and they have tons of stuff going on in their own lives, so I hate to impose on anyway.

So yes, the whole point of this was to let you, Dear Reader, know what has been going on. I plan to start actually posting interesting (are they interesting? I really hope so) things again next week. I have just needed some time to take care of myself and recover a little bit. Couple that with how uncomfortable it is for me to actually sit at my desk at the moment and things are a little slow.

Gah! And that makes me so antsy! I am antsy to get back to work! :) And that's a good sign. How...twitchy I am to return to work tells me that I am doing the right job.

See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment