Wednesday, November 14, 2012

About My Uncharacteristic Optimism

I just wanted to throw one last thing out there after my last post. I know that I sounded incredibly idealistic, especially in the last paragraph. But you know what? I am ok with it. I have read so much cynicism in the past week that it pushed me out of my comfortable nest of pessimism to take up the idealistic stance for once. Seriously, I was just so sick of reading why everything sucks and how meaningless this election was and I'm sorry, but what kind of message is that? If there was ever a time for us to be forward-looking and idealistic...it's now. What is wrong with a little hope, as long as it doesn't mean burying our heads in the sand about the very real nature of the problems we face? So that was me being hopeful. I know it's weird, but let's roll with it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment