Monday, October 1, 2012

The Scary Part

Hello, friends. I am psyched to be able to say that I made my deadline!

For those of you who don't know, I've spent the past 8 weeks or so feverishly working on a novella to meet the criteria for Abaddon's “Write for Abaddon” open submission call. I submitted everything they asked for on Saturday, also meeting my goal of getting it in before the Sunday deadline.

This has been an interesting project for me. I genre jumped from fantasy to sci-fi, which has proven to be unexpectedly rewarding. I LOVE fantasy and it's always going to be “home” for me, but it was so invigorating to step away from swords and sorcery for a little bit. The distance from the EBR reminds me of how much I love it and I hope that enthusiasm will help propel me further into my fantasy series.

Of course, now I get the nail-biting part. The waiting. I can only imagine the number of queries they have gotten, so I expect that it will be awhile before I have any news one way or another (not that this will stop me from obsessively checking my email).

I am cautiously optimistic. The story I submitted is pretty solid, I think. Either way, I know that if it is not accepted it was not for a lack of effort on my part. It feels good to know that I threw myself into this 100% no matter what the outcome may be.

Yes...it feels good to know but I'm also terrified. This is the scariest part.

...but also the most exciting part.

No comments:

Post a Comment